Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I am finally ok with the wildlife in Japan!

First off I had a really hard time getting used to how different the animalls are around Japan. I first met this husband and wife in Tennouji. The male's name is Hiroshi and the woman's name is Haruhi. We quickly became friends having a similar interest in foods and humor. They too are foreigners which is another thing we could talk about. They find living in Japan a little strange as many people want to have photos with them for no reason other than to take a picture with some strange characters. I relate to that very much.





I thought it was a little hard to get used to the transportation in Japan at first because if you aren't taking the normal cars, bus, bike, or train than you are stuck with the remaining option. A slow and not so comfortable ride by Zousan. Zousan is happy as long as you don't kick him and give him some treats. Right now you can see he is raising his trunk to see how hot it will be and if he should drink more water before we leave the shade. Zousan is no dummy!






Dogs are a common pet in Japan. There aren't normally ones big enough for full grown foreign males to sit on, but I managed to find one.

I have also gotten used to watching where I am walking. This is a little kamesan that I found pretty far away from water. I was really surprised that I did not step on him. I actually thought it was a toy, but it was the real deal. since my being more careful with my walking I find all kinds of weird things now. It seems that people love to lose strange items all over the paths that I travel.
<----Lastly I got used to this guy. His name is Kabasan and he is another foreigner. In his homeland he was very territorial but here in Japan he has learned how to get along with people and even give rides for a living. In his homeland, he told me that "if someone tried to jump on my back I would have bite them in half. The Japanese people have really taught me how to control my anger". I was surprised to hear him say that but grateful because I needed a ride to the hotel.
This whole time in Japan has taught me many weird and wonderful things about myself and others. I think I will really miss all my new friends when I HAVE TO return to Utah. I will come back to Japan as soon as possible though!

1 comment:

visual gonthros said...

You are a funny and interesting guy, Shizzle. Thanks for your insights in this extra post.